. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
24.7.07

Day 174 of Project 365...
it had been a mad rush to get everything settled and check out of Yellowstone...
saying our (teary) goodbyes...
taking pictures and exchanging emails...
cried a few times...
when saying goodbye to Leah, Dennis and Violet...
Dennis' picture is here coz he was the one who made me cry the most...
all the way from the EDR to the hotel...
and into my ice cream cup too...
all because he said something like "Thanks for being so nice to an old man like me."

not so much because of what he said....
but he kinda reminds me of my grandpa...
and the things i used to do with my grandpa when i was littler...
like going to church...
when the Church of the Holy Family was still in the old building...
simple and comfortable...
with yummy coffee, custard puffs and kaya toasts in the coffee shop next door...
like him picking me up from school whenever i went for speech lessons...
or my short legs just being unable to catch up with the speed he walks with...
grandpa's not feeling as well as he did before...
so he doesnt even wants to go out when i offer to take him out for kaya toasts...

so i think i'm confused...
as to whether i miss home...
or whether i miss people like Dennis in Yellowstone...

----Stef stopped rambling at 23:59
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003