. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
19.9.06
the guy hasnt read my blog in months...
so he got my present without referring to my shameless wishlist...
he kinda showed me the present already...
coz it was something which was important sizing-wise...
and we had to change it within a few days of my actual birthday...
it isnt something on my wish-list...
but i've been wanting to get it for a freaking long time...
though i never managed to convince myself to part with that money...
it's sweet coz i totally forgot how i wanted it so badly...
therefore leaving it out of my shameless wishlist...
but he remembered...
and got my size right...
though after trying it does seem a little big...
will probably visit the store to see if the smaller one fits better...

the guy cant be romantic to save his life...
so little actions like that...
really means a lot...

was out with his parents for lunch today at Club Street...
My Dining Room...
which is supposedly this swanky restaurant...
it's on the second floor of one of those restored shophouses...
and the wall flanking the flight of stairs has framed certificates from Tatler and other mags...
probably my second time dining with more than one set of cutlery...
and my first time tasting foie gras...
food was not bad...
weirdly enough...
i enjoyed the free flow of fresh bread the most...
served with our portion of mushroom soup...
or dipped into olive oil and balsamic vinegar...
really good comfort food...
my ribeye was not bad too...
and i had fun sharing diferent desserts with his mom...

conversation with his parents is definitely easier now...
either my many Taiwanese variety shows are helping...
or they have toned down on their Mandarin for me...
it's fun to see how the family enjoy each other's company...
and interesting to hear funny stuff about their family...
or things like how the guy refused to hold his own milk bottle even when he was 2 years old...

life has been good...
discounting the fact that i screwed up my Heat Transfer test by mistaking sphere for cylinder.
hope post-21 will be so as well...

----Stef stopped rambling at 02:06
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003