. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
29.5.06
it was a Sunday well spent...
at least in my opinion...
surfing with the NUS peeps was cancelled due to the rain...
so i met the guy for shopping...
presumably to buy one more work shirt for him...
so that it'll take at least one week before he has to repeat his mediocre working wardrobe...

but i bought new brown Havainas too...
another tanktop...
the guy lamented that i keep buying tank tops...
that i have so many of them already...
should have variety or what not...
but there is a limited number of things my bodyshape can carry...
and knowing that i'm not the adventurous type...
i tend to stick to things that i think makes me look okay...
therefore the tank tops...
coz i think i have nice shoulders...
therefore the big tops with not so high necklines...
to hide the flab and flaunt my collarbone...
but after we parted...
i walked around Compass Point and picked up some long tops...
the kind that you have to belt up so as not to look like some pregnant woman...
in stripes and purple!
wahaha...
will shock him with them soon...
hopefully...
he will be convinced about my lack of adventure and tank tops...

went out alone with my parents for dinner...
siblings dont usually eat out with us on Sundays anymore...
sis' sick...
but it was my daddy's bday...
and my mom knows that he was craving for chilli crab to no end...
so we had one of the bestest chilli crabs we've had in a long time...
just the 3 of us...
and it was so cheap it left us smiling all the way home...
39 bucks!
coz we only had hor fun and mantous besides the crab...
it was even cheaper than the 90 bucks spent at Boon Tong Kee with my bro...
but then again..
we ordered so many things...
90 was still considered reasonable...
especially since the food was good...

i love being with family...
watching my mom laugh wholeheartedly...
my dad singing off-tone in the car...
us doing silly, childish things...
i think my parents gave us a wonderful life...
despite not being born with a silver spoon...
or living in one of those beautiful colonial bungalows near Stevens Road...
or being able to afford the downpayment of my mom's much-desired Toyota Wish...
we're living it good...
very very good.


----Stef stopped rambling at 00:14
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003