. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
13.2.06
i didnt really realise it before...
but today...
my dad sent me to PGP from home...
so we had a good long journey together....
chatting...
scolding horrible taxi-drivers and road hoggers...
save for the fact that i half the time i was groaning away...
in pain as i was having the dreaded monthly cramps...
he was really sweet to drop by Boon Tong Kee to get me a pack of chicken rice...
my daddy...

then the guy picked me in the evening to go for dinner at Labrador Park...
and i realised how similar the whole set-up was...
me in the front passenger seat...
and the most important men in my life driving...
i remembered thinking to myself before...
that the man of my dreams will be someone like my dad...
funny...
kind...
fillial...
selfless...
intelligent...
the kind who doesnt mind driving me all over Singapore...
so that i can try my darnest to be the Superwoman who cant fly...
the kind who knows the answers to my every question...
a man i can cry my heart out to...

it would be unfair if i expected the guy to fit into my dad's shoes...
which happens to be a rather big pair...
and the guy doesnt like wearing shoes...
it's akin to asking him to change what he is...
just to fit what you want...
to be someone else totally...
which is utterly wrong la...
especially if you consider all that idealistic notions about loving someone for who he is...
and not mould him to become who you love...

but the thing is...
i think the guy is already so much like my dad...
his qualities...
his personality...
his heart...
what more can i ask?

----Stef stopped rambling at 01:28
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003