. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
19.1.06
some of us tried going for windsurfing yesterdae...
was sunny and all when we arrived...
then as we were getting the sails ready...
the rain came down hard on us...
was pretty dampening really...
john...
who suggested the entire thing...
john's friend...
paul...
tesma...
the guy...
and myself...
so darn sad...
but the great thing that came out of the whole afternoon's adventure from NUS to PA...
i got to have lunch with 3 hunky windsurf guys...
weiming, justin and paul...
took a long train ride from Clementi to Bedok with two pagaent guys...
weiming had to go back to school...
and i managed to settle the Sea Sports Camp costings with Boo over at PA...

guy and i adjourned to Suntec for dinner...
and then a movie over at Marina Square...
it was Cheaper by the Dozen 2...
quite funny and crappy...
but it made me cry...
i covered my eyes halfway...
and the guy thought thought i was scared...
WAH LAU!
family shows like that always make me cry...
i dont know...
but Steve Martin's character and his relationship with his daughter just struck a chord...
it hit so close to home...
he even had my dad's hairstyle!
thing is...
it made me realise that even though i think my dad's a jerk sometimes...
he really just wants the best for me...
even if the means through which he ensures that are a little extraordinary...
it's just the whole importance of family...
the entire family unit...
as one indivisible whole...
just so great an ideal...
my family's like that...
save for the fact that i havent been on a family holiday with them for years...
not because i dont want to....
i will try my darnest to cancel everything in way of the next family holiday...
they are what matter most to me...

guy and i went back to his place so that i can print all the notes i want in the world...
with his amazing paper-curling, sequence-messing laser printer...
as we crossed the 8-laned major road in front of his place...
i noticed that he has been doing something very sweet all this while...
the fact that he silently keeps to the side of the oncoming traffic everytime we cross the road...
like first...
he'll stand on my right...
and we'll do our running thing...
then he'll move over and stand on my left while we're on the divider...
and we'll do our running thing again...
although it seems like such a small action...
it was just so thoughtful...
although his body doesnt seem much of a barrier to a car travelling at 80km/hr...
i think this makes up for all the irritating pokes in the waist he gives me when he is bored...

----Stef stopped rambling at 14:59
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003