. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
7.10.05
was talking to a friend...
Smoking came up as a topic...
i remembered how my good friend back in sec school smoked...
but how she avoided smoking in front of me coz she knew i detested it...

i dont actually...
maybe it stemmed from the fact that i have always associated smoking with all the bads...
including my granny's bad temper when she used to smoke...
now we take her vulgarities with a pinch of salt...
she uses them in a quirky, spirited sort of way...
but i've seen how it ruins your health...
how my granny seems so much weaker than my grandpa who is a few years her senior...
i just cant take it when people hold no regard for people around them...
second-hand smoke...
litterbugs...
sometimes i mention, "oh! *so-and-so* smokes.." with much disdain...
my bad, i admit...
and he tells me how common it really is...
maybe it just pains me to see people i care for doing it...
coz every puff takes them away...

i liked him before i ever found out whether he smoked...
but luckily he doesnt...
not sure if i would accept it if he does...
coz he means too much to me...
for me to feel nothing if i see him hurting himself like that...
he once considered getting a shisha for his room...
and i told him very frankly that i wasnt too comfortable with that idea...
(even though it was HIS room, afterall...)
so he did not...
that simple decision kinda affirms what kind of guy he was...
and what place i had in his heart...

i'm not against smoking...
i had better not be...
his two best friends do...
i have friends who do...
it's just how i feel about the whole thing...
who knows...
5 years down the road i might just start puffing...
though i highly doubt it...
it's hard to say about these sort of things...
especially when society makes it out to be oh-so-common...
because in actual fact...
it is..
and i heard people stay slim with smoking...
oh well...
it's my life...
and yours is yours, afterall...

----Stef stopped rambling at 10:16
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003