. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
20.6.05
actually this topic has been swimming in my mind for a long time...
am quite brainless...
so naturally got more space to swim...
Slimming Products and Services...
and even good-natured variety shows that claim to restore hope in girls who arent ideally slim...
i think they only serve to make the vast majority...
eg. ME...
feel even worse about themselves...
but the thing is...
from what i heard from people who do try them...
most of these do not work...
wad special fat burning using special light technique?
what carbohydrate exterminator in the form of pills?
most slimming centres require you to starve before you see any results...
and thats AFTER paying them like thousands of dollars upfront...
ask me to starve myself?
no way...
that's if i had thousands of dollars to spend myself first...
i know that i'm not of an ideal figure myself...
every morning i wake and look into the mirror...
darn!
i need some work done...
and tell myself i need to jog in the evening...
which i never do...
"it's dinnertime!"
how convenient..

but my point is...
these programs make looking slim (and skinny, in fact) as an ideal...
as if to say, if we're not skinny and pretty...
we ought to be shot and sent to the 18 levels of hell...
ok...
i made that one up...
but you get the picture...
it simply makes the not-so-perfect individuals self-conscious...
and force them to resort to other not so expensive methods of slimming...
aneroxia...
bulimia...
women spent thousands on slimming programs...
to be put in plastic wrap...
zipped under a foil covered sleeping bag...
subjected to heat and pressure...
wad?
cooking sweet potato ah?
all in a bid to lose that extra weight...
freak...
some of them even skinnier than me...
not that i'm skinny to begin with...
mom told me she saw a rather slim schoolgirl...
hand 200 bucks over the counter at watson's for some slimming stuff...
wah lau...
i was super hesitant about paying 33 for a blouse i liked...
and am still trying to convince myself i dont need a pair of levis at 139...
wat is the world coming to?
i admit i dont fit my jeans very well...
coz my sis and him asked me if i felt uncomfortable in it...
I DON'T!
but i dont see myself losing weight any way other than exercising...
which i havent been doing...
at all...
and maybe moderating my meals, cutting down on stuff...
which is hard as well...
when the bf craves for beef 24/7...
and huge-portion meals at Billy Bombers...
therefore my weight is as high as before...
and i have ceased to be bothered by it...

there is more to life than being slim and beautiful...
how convenient...
coming from someone who is neither...
but they are nuthing but transient externalities...
happiness is probably the key...
you might be happy coz you're slim and beautiful...
then good for you...
but there's no point chasing beauty and a slim body...
sacrificing money, time and other more impt things...
only for them to slip away from you in time...
heck those TV programs and celebrity endorsements...
they are simply fueled by money...
from the firms that want our money, that is...

----Stef stopped rambling at 13:44
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003