. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
14.7.04
i think the most important lesson u learn in working life is that...
if pple stress you...
taichi the stress to other pple...
man...
i think the person at the bottom of the hierachy damn ke lian...
in this case...
that person happens to be me...
something that screws up...
the poor, underpaid temp staff gets arrowed...
i'm perfectly fine with that...
maybe it'll ruin my chances of returning to that ad agency 4 years later for a perm job...
but ultimately...
it's his own rep he's ruining...
i wasnt in charge of casting and sourcing for people for this project...
but suddenly during the meeting with the client all the fingers point to me...
when things start heading the wrong direction...
c'mon man...
i'm the secretary...
i take notes...
of coz i know who's in charge of wad as discussed in the previous pre-pro...
i'd probably not come back to this industry...
so arrowing me would hurt anything other than my ego...
but it'll screw up your $60,000 job...
i'm already trying my best to salvage the trash left behind by the previous individual...
stop pushing me...
and piling me with so much work...
i understand you have other things to think about...
but you're kinda forgetting i'm only 5 weeks into this job...
how would i freaking know how to get around?
and if you know a irritatingly simple way to reduce my file sizes...
so that i can send my emails to the client with ease...
would you freaking teach me earlier!?!?
not only after i tore hair from head, put off rumbling stomach till 3pm...
called in courier to send a CD over...

i think i'm suffering a burnout...
10 days in a row...
i think i need a break badly...
maybe i should just quit and sayonara...
"no, thats running away..."
i wanna go matric camps...
USP esp...
i need to get a medical checkup...
wad the...
i think i'm starting to ramble nonsense...
dad says i've been looking rather pale...
oh well...
i think it's the effect of no sports for 6 weeks...
i dunnoe if my ankle's any better...
but my hips are giving me prbs...
i've gained lots of weight...
muscle turned to fats...
dark eye rings...
hallucinations...
i think i'm scarying myself...
every morning i wake and contemplate calling in sick...
but start to imagine how the guys probably wont manage...
it's not that i'm indispensable...
but we're really too short-handed...
vince's on his new job today...
hope it went well...

i've got a client's putter cover on my desk to be returned...
a credit note to prepare...
more talents to cast...
have to use the professional camera now...
apparently my own camera's pictures are way too lousy...
thats why the client rejected the people...
it's kinda really heavy...
kinda pulls you down when it hangs from the neck...
quite scary when you call a new agent and the guy says he has heard about you...
from another agent...
must be one of those "you know that blah blah blah...what a b*tch! who does she think she is?!"
i dont mean to be overly demanding really...
i'm only acting under orders...
boss even scolded me for apologising to my agent abt the tight deadline...
saying that it gives them power...
but the new agent's been nice...
meeting his people tomorrow..
hope those would go well with the client's expectations...
i'm already working hard...
trying to progress to working smart...
stop thinking i'm slacking away...


----Stef stopped rambling at 22:53
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003