. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
11.6.04
probably one of my worst days today...
so terrible that i dunnoe where to start...
but i guess all those are relative...
try running ard sg under the hot sun...
aint pleasant...

was kinda locked out of the studio for awhile...
olivier still in bed...
and he wasnt expecting me...
thought i would be out sourcing for the props for next week...
went in...
forwarded pecilia her personal mails...
got my contacts...
then headed out...
let me see where i went today...
Studio(Beach Road)->Town(Taka & Lucky Plaza)->Tekka->Pasir Panjang->Tekka->Studio
quite insane..
and like weijie asked...
"why din you call them up instead?"
yes...
i knew that Bell invented the phone some time ago...
i should have called instead of gone down personally...
but try inquirying abt a fruit nobody knows abt...
and then try having a boss whose motto is "Nothing is Impossible" at the same time...
kind Filippino lady at Lucky Plaza told me to try Tekka Market...
kind fruit uncle at market told me to try Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre...
kind wholesaler told me to try Philippines Embassy instead...
it's like a tai-chi game...
but i'm not having fun...

and try getting ard on budget transport...
bus, MRT, walk...
think my arch collapsed more than ever before...
doesnt help tat i'm wearing the insoles...
they kinda strain the calves...
sometimes i think i depend on my parents too much...
got mom to get me number for AVA...
on weijie's suggestion to call them to ask whether it is imported here in the first place...
called mom for directions to Pasir Panjang...
called dad to check whether he was in the area to give me a ride...
in the end he came to send me from Pasir Panjang to Tekka...
dunnoe what i'll do without them...
i'm toying with the possibility of olivier without me doing all this crap...
was kinda stretched to the max...
coz it's not easy to find pple who would entertain your requests...
especially when they are busy...
was met with "i dunnoe what you talking abt", "never heard of", "try somewhere else"...
way too many times...
and everytime i called olivier when i meet a dead end...
he would simply tell me it is possible...
just a matter of 'how?'...
now i've got an anti-motto, "Impossibility is a Possibility"...
but it's true!
esp when you've got such a low budget for props...
of course you can fly everything in...
it's a globalised world...
but there are limitations...

came back to studio...
ard 3 plus...
and olivier plied me with work again...
think he found out i've been slacking?
needed to file invoices...
check the mango seasons...
call talent agencies...
select models/talents for jobs...
bank cheque...
look at the hummingbirds on his balcony...
i appreciate the effort to share the visual spectacle...
but i'm kinda busy?

re-do the estimate for one of our clients...
call the courier for him...
put CD into cover-put cover into envelope-put envelop in courier's hands?
ahhh!!!
why cant he do that?
i know he pays me...
but it's only a measly 6.5/hr...
left office at 7 plus...
only becoz i have an appt with the bballers at 8...
and coz my parents were in the area and i wanna hitch a ride...

was on my way to airport...
when i really couldnt take the stress anymore...
and after swallowing everything the whole day...
just controlling...
dad kinda spilled the cup...
was dishing me all the two-cents-worth of advice...
that i shouldnt be this concerned abt something i can alwaz let go...
blah...
he knows i am very affected by the day...
he knows i'm controlling my emotions...
coz he knows me damn freaking well..

but i guess i wasnt feeling over-the-rainbow...
edgier than usual...
like how i act after a rough day at training with andrew foo...
started crying and all...
kinda ended up with dad raising his voice...
something i can never take in my stride...
esp when i know i dont deserve it...
like how mr patrick lim did during o2 last year...
when it was not my fault...

saying i got my priorities all wrong...
that i should just leave olivier to his prbs...
and go on with my life...
Is it wrong for me to be responsible for my work?
To my duties?
Wrong to try my best?

i agree that i take things too personally sometimes...
that i get too emotional...
but it's in my character...
something i've been trying to change...
but failing to do so for some time now...
cried all the way home from airport to tampines to home...
i gave the bballers a miss...
feel ultra bad...
but aint much of a point with my eyes all red and mood so eeky...

jas,
if you're reading this...
this is why...
really sorry...
was looking forward to tonite as well...

jas, ching and rene all thought what happened...
called me up and asked...
appreciate their concern...
thank goodness for frenz like dat...

hungry now...
din eat dinner...


*sings* "Alwayz look on, the bright side of life, *whistle*
alwayz look on the bright side of life...*whistle* "
that reminds me of ben L.

oh well...
there has to be good parts to the day...
1) when someone named roy called me midmorning...
saying he's from an invest co and my hp # won a lucky draw...
when i jialat jialat tried to convince him that i think it's not necessary to go down to meet him...
he suggested we could meet for lunch along beach road...
thats when i realised it was weijie...
yes...
i was so flustered i din even reg his voice...

but i think he sounds ultra nice on the phone...
and i seriously think he speaks well...
pity i couldnt make it back in time for lunch though...
havent met him since goodness-knows-when...
2) the nice pple who helped me out today...
the Filippino lady..
the fruit uncle...
the wholesaler lady...
the lady at AVA...
my mommy...
my daddy...
well he did come to pick me...
my pals...
and oh ya...
the cute courier...=)
3) sze nga and evelyn who sent me a card by post..
made me cry all over again...
drew me as superwoman saving their grades...
and complimented my dressing...
well...
they HAD to say something nice rite?

muahahha...
4) drooling non-stop looking at all the good-looking pple while sourcing for models..
minus the photoshop editing part...
5) getting a call from loony...
even if it was only to ask where we put our sail masts...
6) getting a call from jie...
asking whether i'm going over to her place anytime soon...
7) its the end of the work week!
finally!

well..
at least my post is looking happier now...
better to end off joyous...
"IT'S ALL IN THE MIND! JUST IN THE MIND!"
i've got the best job in the world!

----Stef stopped rambling at 21:42
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003