. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
28.5.04
only reason i'm still up at this unearthly hour...
with a splitting headache and tissue stuffed up my left nostril...
is that i wanted to edit the photos i took today...
kinda teared while thinking abt all the times with 208/212...
coz while it was tough...
everything kinda fell into place today...
not coz they gave me gifts...
or they made me feel good...
but they tell me stuff i never thought i would hear...
i guess mrs bong was rite when she said that one of the few good parts of being a teacher...
is the relationship we have with the kids...
and the satisfaction of seeing them do well...
surpasses anything else in the world...

last day of sch today...
had one lesson in the morning...
before lotsa photo taking/cake eating/number exchanging...
you know...
the works...
crazy thing is...
students got my blog addy now...
HORRORS OF HORRORS!
stupid me gave it to them...
but i had to...
so that yan leng would sing love, me by colin raye under the stairway for us...
he was fantastic, i tell you...
just something special to his voice...
just divine!

oh well...
no fear...
better that they read about all the bad stuff i say abt them this way...
than let them chance upon this site and start voodoo-doll-ing me anyway...

morning started with dad waiting at the foyer for me...
while jas and i brought some bags of stuff down...
dunnoe why i have so much rubbish...
man!
it felt as if i was sacked or something...
then have to move out of my workstation...
the feeling wasnt that different...
my access card stopped working...
couldnt get into the staff room as and when i wanted to...
had to wait outside for teachers to open for me...
or call in for jas and ask her to rescue me...
felt homeless and unwanted...
mrs lim took the scripts i marked to check whether i was too lenient...
oh well...
doesnt affect me much anyway...
last day today...
oni problem was...
i wrote them personal msges on post-it at the back of their papers...
wonder whether she'll flip reading those...

208 bought a cake for me...
couldnt decide wad song to sing...
so they did a happy birthday instead...
to celebrate wads coming in september...
some girls shared stuff from perllini's...
and the klass gave me lotsa chocs...
A LOT...
dont these pple know i'm supposed to be on a diet?!?!?!
but most importantly...
they wrote me a huge card...
cried while reading it...
when you have things like...
"teaching us is impossible...
you taught us something...
impossible is nothing..."
the little devils become angels again...
weeling made me a little bottle with macroni and gel...
know how difficult it actually is...
coz i did it before...
very gandong...
think they were expecting me to cry...
but i din today...
i was very touched...
really...
but i think i've stopped crying so easily already...

had breakfast and lunch with my klasses...
in which i din eat anything...
coz i forgot to bring my wallet...
couldnt let the kids pay...

supposed to have dinner with the chem department...
but it was my dad's birthday...
i had to prioritise...
came back...
unpacked the foodstuff...
rested awhile...
went out to buy a cake for dad...
pandan kaya...
hot favourite when you have elderly pple at home...
my grandparents cant take too much creamy stuff...

din get my dad anything though...
wanted to get the pouch...
but didnt in the end...

will ciaoz to bed soon...
head almost splitting apart...
wanna go apply for UOB visa mini tmr...
if i can wake up...
if my nose stops dripping...

----Stef stopped rambling at 23:03
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003