. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
24.5.04
i had a B-E-A-U-tiful day today!
oh well...
not exactly...
but i guess most things ARE what you make out of them...
so B-E-A-U-tiful it is!
thing is...
went to school thinking that i oni have two stacks of papers waiting for me...
courtesy of the test on saturday...
but just so happens that i had a piece of paper stuck on my desk...
telling me what klasses i had to help take today...
mr tan got the band concert to headache over...
mr ting gotta help take SPA...
so there i was...
taking two extra classes...
with sweet jas taking the one between the two...
lest i end up talking for 3 periods straight...
equivalent to 2.5 hours...
phew...
but 308 was quite nice la...
not as evil as i once thought them to be...
ended up answering their questions and chatting with them after lesson until the next bell rang...
crazy stuff...
the other klass wasnt as fun though...
wasnt ver responsive...
i try to be as entertaining as possible...
but u have pple peeping under their table...
stuff like dat...
c'mon la...
i used to do that all the time la...
all sorts of check-handphone stance i also know...
the hide-in-bag...
the lift-ur-tutorial-over-the-phone...
the under-table...
the pocket-stash...
the teacher-i'm-using-my-calculator...
cant smoke me k...

and stop rolling ur eyes at me...
i know you're sore that i singled you out abt ur fone...
but live with it...
stop acting like a spoilt brat...


mr lam's volvo broke down before sch started today...
dad drove past...
but there was little we could do to help...
so he din come in the whole day...
hiakz!
no one to suan me when i walk ard the staffroom like i've got all the time in the world...
no one to scold me pai si when i make some monkey face...
haha...
will miss all these when we do leave on friday...
really will...

went to watch shrek 2 with me students today...
wah lau eh!
damn farnie la!
esp my puss-in-boots...
the super-act-poor-thing face...
which weeling was trying so desperately to imitate...

man!
my latest favourite cartoon character...
movie was a little overhyped i guess...
became so long-awaited, die-die-must-watch...
that it fell a little short of my expectations though...
e.g. two puss-in-boots will be good!
but still...
it's a must-watch!
i give it...
FOUR popcorns!
talking abt popcorn...
ate alot la...
weeling threw me the whole box after awhile...
then i just kept eating and eating...
bloated...
*burp*
lalalaaa....
it was a little weird out with 5 pple younger than me...
oni two were my students...
the rest were my students' frenz...
but pple i taught before...
din feel totally out of place though...
amazing how some pple can make you feel totally at home...

had mos burger for dinner...
man!
the ebi rice is as good as ever...
yummy yummy yummy!
and my milk tea without the milk...
muahahhaa...
but became broke again...
coz i paid for half of the popcorn...
we bought 16 bucks worth of corn and drinks!
wah piang...
*shake head*
times are bad man...
have to start saving...
but i need to get a present for my sis...
was thinking the leather bags by either puma or fila...
but havent got a clue where to get them...
ahhh!!!
ANYONE has a clue!??!?

the new teachers who will be taking over our klasses next term came in today...
orientation i guess...
3 new teachers for chem...
3 new teachers for physics...
4 new teachers for econs...
and many many more...
but those were the oni departments i have better relations with...
imagine the new faces!
pwah!
hahhaa...
imagine how they'll freak when they take my klasses...
but they should manage better la...
afterall...
they're trained...

dont have time to blog from school these couple of days...
eeky stuff...
miss the times where i will just stroll from my desk to the workroom...
blog my morning away...
then sit in the pantry and flip newspapers...
now i have to mark mark mark...
was telling stella that we have a hard life...
just last year we were MUG MUG MUG...
now we're MARK MARK MARK...
been marking stuff that you really wanna tear hair from scalp when you read them...
some students can really smoke u that they understand concepts...
when in actual fact...
they dont...
happiness...
wonder what more rubbish i'll continue marking tomorrow...

oh yah...
yucky thing...
someone stole my markers...
as terrible and impossible as it sounds...
i'm sure it happened...
oni have like 2 of my lousiest markers left...
and kept having to borrow from jas and what not...
this really goes in line with the stories i heard about missing fillet-o-fishes...
missing mark and spencers' biscuits...
and stuff...
ahhh!!!
dont take my markers...
i know its my last week...
but i need markers to survive as well...

and man!
just heard from weeling that alot of klasses know abt 208 upsetting me the other time...
and that i cried...
man!
even some of the teachers who teach them...
ahhh!!!
i really tried my best to hide liaoz...
in the toilet..
at my desk...
seems that she told one person...
the news just spread...
and the numbers just increased exponentially...
thing is...
lucky i'm leaving soon...
and that i probably wont enter teaching as a career...
it is rewarding yesh...
but i dont think i am able to seperate my emotions from my work...
it'll just end up as a very painful ordeal...
i dont hate my stint now...
i dont love it alot either...
but it has been a great experience for me...
learnt alot other than chem syllabus as well...
and other than how-to-be-ultra-lame-and-irritate-your-students-to-the max...
made friends that i dont think i'll forget in a long long time...
and of coz...
got a chance to work with stella and jasmine...
strengthening the friendship we already had...

----Stef stopped rambling at 22:24
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003