. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
11.3.04
xerox machine broke down today...
while i was using it...
hurray!
i swear it wasnt my fault...
all the karate chops and stuff i've been blogging abt is fake...
i din do nuts to the stupid machine...

but quite jialat liaoz...
earliest it can be fixed is friday...
and i was thinking of breaking over the weekend to check out the open houses and finally decide on my courses/scholarships...
if friday is the earliest...
think i'll be quite shit liaoz...
i'll probably be rushing out the worksheets on sunday or monday morning...
since i'm teaching friday afternoon...
argh!
stressed stressed stressed...
wonder why am i going through all these for a mere few bucks...

talked alot to mr koh's mom today...
coz her son went missing...
coz of some army thingy...
then she whole day bo liaoz...
no TV...
so came and talk to me..
and what crap....
she's nice la...
funny also...
pretty much a strong woman...
physically and mentally...
mr koh told me before how hardworking his mom really is...
and that she had a tight control over him when he was younger...
it's pretty interesting when u get a peek into someone else's life like dat...
its a whole new perspective...
she treated me the new mandarin orange pie from mac...
liew...
a whole glob of the filling just oozed out when i bit into it...
fell into my hand...
hot hot hot!

100, 000 flyers came in today liaoz...
looks like our uncle benny really very efficient...
design looks somewhat similar...
but the colour went from a baby yellow to a baby blue...
ooo...
just hope it ends up in the right hands...
did alot of calling the whole of today...
morning shift looks pretty on like alwayz...
just that i cant get auntie angeline...
coz mr koh lost her number...
new guy in the morning slot...
and afternoon two oldbirds and two of my TKG juniors newbies...
aint a very good lobang to intro them...
but they wanted a job desperately...
so i HAD to be the middleman...

but trust me...
it wanst THAT easy...
mr koh die die wanted the magic number of 4 per shift...
you wont have any idea what i had to go thru getting tat number for him...
imagine calling ken thrice...
switching him from afternoon to morning to afternoon again...
jackie four times to switch her to and fro and back again...
argh...
sometimes i think he's too rigid for his own good...
but i guess most pple are like that..
unlike the sui bian sui bian me...

been really productive today...
finished p2 eng...
and put together the booklets for p1, p2 and p3...
quite an achievement...
coz i had to do most stuff by scratch...
proof read every single statement...
no wonder the xerox machine broke down...
its been overworked by me...

but still need to do p4, p5 and p6...
considering my friday is jam packed...
i probably need to finish them by tmr...
worked 12 hours today...
kinda siao...
but oh well...
he really is short staffed now...
until miss au finishes up at her other workplace...
before coming here full time...
until then...
i'll probably continue working like a cow...

pple have been telling me to try raise my pay a little more...
somehow i feel bad...
coz like i told him...
it wasnt the money...
but a matter of principles...
when he paid me 4.5 p/hr instead of 5.11 like i originally understood...
at least now he's willing to pay me that difference as my bonus at the end of my service...
and is offering me 5.5 p/hr and 7 when i teach...
he tells me its more than one of his full-time staff...
i dunoe who...
but i pity the person...
thing is...
i really wanna have a feel of the bigger picture...
really go out there and work...
where i cant sit with my legs folded at my workstation...
where i cant wear 3 quarts to work...
where i might get to meet more pple...
and have a feel of working life...
so many pple have been telling me stuff about it...
i wanna know if its all true...
i've been in a sheltered environment for far too long...
dad has alwaz been afraid of me getting hurt out there...
but i guess it's time that i begin to face the world...
and take on anything it has to offer....
i think i sound weird...

does anyone wanna go NUS with me this Sat...
i think i'm desperate...
i dun wanna go alone...
yet i dunnoe who is going...
pals who are reading this...
plz leave a msg on my tagboard so i know who to call...
dont make me beg...
please...


i'm so proud of myself...
i spent only 4 bucks for dinner and lunch today...
i think when you start earning ur own keeps...
you tend to value money more...
every single dollar i spent...
is not spent without first converting it to 'hours-worked' and then its worth evaluated...
i'm no miser...
but i know my family aint well-to-do...
and i've two little potential Uni-education seekers after me...
i should ease the burden on my dad and mom as much as i could...
just coz i'm the first child doesnt mean i should get everything...
my sis has a better phone than me...
samsung x430...
lighter...chio-er...more sleek...


thats probably one of the reasons i'm slowly giving up competitive sport...
too much financial input...
and definitely more to come...
if i'm born with silverware in my mouth like andrew foo maybe...
but i'm not...

i'm not rich...
but i know i'm happy...
and like all the books i've been reading all say...
thats all that really matters...

----Stef stopped rambling at 00:05
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003