. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
31.3.04
woke up kinda early to a call from dad...
think he found out i was visiting TTSH...
and probably was worried for me...

took the morning off to send me there...
which is really sweet of him...
though sometimes i do feel they should give my intelligence and independence a little more credit...

doc at the orthopaedics was young...
abt dr harold's age?
told ben k the doc was cute...
but nah...
i was just trying to inject life in the boring afternoon...
lame effort if you asked me...
but at least i tried...

asked me loads of questions...
sent me for physiotherapy in about 2 weeks...
kinda not good...
coz i havent got my lesson schedule...
so its like...
darn...
was waiting at the pharmacy after that...
for some painkiller for my ankle...
this secondary school girl probably was in some heated argument on the phone...
with her boyfriend i assume...
thought i picked up some keywords that directed me to that conclusion...
the pharmacy was already quite noisy with the pharmacists trying to get themselves heard while explaining the medication to the patients...
i was trying hard to concentrate on my book....
while constantly looking out for my number whenever i heard a beep...
oh well...
healthcare sector is probably one that would never see a downturn...
CGH please call me...

which brings me to the fact that my speedpost to CGH cost me 8 bucks...
quite dumb if you asked me once again...
but i din wanna hand deliver...
coz the Human Resourse Department was probably deep in the no-visitor part of the building...
and getting my dad to drive me all the way there was kinda =P as well...
i know how to get there, yes...
but oh well...
i guess i decided that paying the singapore postage system 8 bucks was my best contribution to society...
if it was in the first place...
coz i kinda doubt it...

at least my parents are apleased...
they have been rather excited about me sending in my application...
constantly reminding me...
and giving me suggestions of how to beat the deadline...
this was tough coz we only knew of the scholarship about one week before...
and i couldnt get the form printed from the site...

but i guess they know...
and i kinda have it at the back of my mind as well..
that this suited me more than all the engineering...
and since this was a chance at an overseas education that they could never afford for me...
naturally...
they jumped at it...
i got a little irritated, to be honest, the last couple of days...
with them fussing over this thing...
coz they alwaz left details/choices of my education to me...
and only i could decide...
so their sudden interest kinda gave me this pressure to get it through...
and knowing i'd probably not get it...
it only meant i'll disappoint them...
if there was one thing i hated doing...
it's disappointing pple...
coz i hate being disappointed myself...

i hope i get an interview at least...
but judging from the way i screw interviews up..
it might not be great to hope that after all...

ate nasi lemak with dad for lunch....
surprisingly...
we din talk much...
maybe it was the car ride before that...
i wouldnt say we argued...
but in my family...
a heated debate was bad enough...
if we ever got to shouting at each other...
i dunnoe what would happen...
coz i dont think it happened before...

we had our usual disagreements...
and i'll alwaz end with either my "i dont like you" or "i dont wanna talk to you"...
people who know me well would know i never meant any of this...
so did my dad...
but i guess when such things happen...
and you have two strangers sitting at your table...
you tend to quiet down alot as well...
i think he sent me one piece of his fish cake as peace offering...
i love my dad...
i alwaz say this...
and when pple say too much of one thing...
that one thing usually loses its meaning...
but i dont think it is..
coz i really do...

weather got really too hot for comfort...
switched on the aircon and stuffed myself in bed with the Grisham novel...
weird reading about storms in autumn when the weather out there was killer...
kinda regretting the length of my hair right now...
but oh well...
fell asleep after some time...
i dunnoe why i was tired...
maybe inactivity was just stifling...
it is probably time that i really continue reading on the atomic structure i was supposed to teach really...
if not...
i'll have to use the move angel was telling us about...
when a student asks you a question u are clueless abt...
direct the question to another student...
darn...
must do the mr yip thing...
emphasize on group discussions...
do not disturb teacher...
nah...
havent really thot of how i was going to carry out class...
which i think is rather important...
esp on your first day when impressions is ever so important...

in sport we call it mental training...
visualization...
like in bball...
doing that perfect lay-up...
putting in that free-throw...
or simply getting the defences right...
in windsurfing...
the fast gybe or tack...
quickly deciding the laylines with the various factors that come into play...
the current, the wind, opponents covering you...
the start line being crowded with racers...
all screaming at each other to get out their way...
the f-words...
all the cussing...
sometimes you'll wonder how come windsurfers have such split personalities...
being ultra nice on land and watsoever...
and probably out to get each other throats on the water...
but frankly...
its a fair sport...
they swear and all...
while i never got accustomed to that...
but we never come to blows...
protests are handled by a reputable jury...
almost like a court case...
sat in one international one before...
coz it was a huge protest against the race committee...
interesting coz u get to hear the jap, hkg, korean accents all at the same time...
trying to get their point across...
and u try you best to stay silent coz you're just a little fry that probably comes in last at all the races...
oh well...
small fries do get bigger...
but sadly...
bigger fry still comes in last...


----Stef stopped rambling at 22:04
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003