. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
20.3.04
reckon the tag board wont be enough for me to start rebutting...
not really a rebuttal...
but more like my point of view...
coz i totally agree with you ben...
thats how society works...

but i think the system sucks...
the thing abt 'prestige better at wherever, then going there'...
that pple look at the schools you attended...
rather than the grades u get...
the stuff you did...
or things u achieved...

my family doc...
kinda blasted me about choosing AJC...
he's a great guy...
alwaz remembering to ask about me...
my results...
my races...
even when i din go see him...
he'll ask my mom..
who's there often to monitor her blood sugar level...
unlike my relatives who never once asked abt my GCE examinations...
we're (my family) not dying to flaunt my results...
my parents are the 'oh, she's happy with her results' people...
when queried abt how i did...

but can see my mom would appreciate the concern from her six other siblings...
oh well...
no one did...
but back to the doc...
he kinda made me regret AJC...
coz when u think abt it...
its true..
people just glance at the resume...
oh, RAFFLES junior college...
there's this wow factor...
and quite frankly...
i think 80% of the population dunnoe AJ was continually ranked sixth...
the oni ones who knew are probably students, staff, ex-students, families of students, friends of students, residents of AMK and our dear AJ Ice uncle....
dunnoe this year got break into top 5 annot..
think we did ultra well...
as a cohort...

but two weeks ago...
when i left AJC officially...
i felt ashamed of my regret...
prestige is something surface-level...
its a want...
not a need...
u'll probably need it to get a high paying job and all...
but ultimately the question of whether it's wat we want resurfaces...
the blind cycle of study-paper-career-money-more money-even more money...
then what?

we're all lost...
dun wanna follow the ones in front of me...
coz...
they're lost too...


there's nuthing 'wow' about me...
my schools...
my results...
i dont crave that wow-factor...
addicted to going against the flow...
i like the salmon...
swimming against the flow to its death...
but still doing it...
maybe i just like eating it...
but oh well...

going against convention...
i guess that way...
i get to experience things that i mightnt ever get to see...

ok...
think i talked way too much...
i'm losing my point liaoz...
*wonder how i passed my GP*

in short...
i'm a go-getter...
yes...
i try to be...
but i only need to turn out just fine...
and be amazing in the eyes of those who matter...
coz that's what REALLY matters...

i never substantiated my 'anti-NUS, pro-NTU' stand...
grr...
lets just say NTU can study abit of Aeronautical?
something i've alwaz been interested in?
now can erase the front part liaoz...
=P


----Stef stopped rambling at 00:00
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003