. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
7.3.04
just got my first paycheck today...
utterly sucky...
124.5 hrs of work...
and just a few bucks...
its not 5 bucks per hour like i calculated...
but less that that...
damn...
told him that i would only be working for him till he gets a new replacement...
and he better get one soon...
i've been kind enough to serve him sufficient notice...
the other teacher who left on friday din even gve him any notice at all...
i think he was kinda taken aback...
you know...
the 'sui bian sui bian' me actually bringing up that i wanna quit...
told him the truth...
he was paying me way too little for the stuff i do...
stuff too much out of my job scope...
no CPF...
no special OT rate...
weird shifts...
like adrian says...
why wei qu myself for a mere few bucks...
if wad i want is experience...
i should go out there and work in bigger corp instead...
2 bucks/hr difference for the same job isnt little...
thats like 16 bucks a day...
so i'm like earning 36 bucks on a full day now...
which doesnt even cover one outing to the bookstore or the record shop...
like ben k says...
feel exploited...
to the core...
heck la...
i've got my pay...
i'm now just doing him a favour as a fren...
to help out before his new teacher comes in...
he tried offering me more...
and to teach...
but ney...
looking at the way he does business....
it wont be long before i realise i'm being cheated again...
tried to offer to cut down my workload and job scope...
forget it la...
it'll probably come up to abt the same...
he said my attitude changed after the two day break...
its not that...
i can be sui bian with my job one...
if u desperately need me to do something and its within my means...
i'm fine with it...
but just dont take the inch and ask for a yard...
there is a limit to my kindness...
i CAN be mean if i want to...
just dont MAKE me...

----Stef stopped rambling at 18:43
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003