. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
11.3.04
had a major quarrel with my boss...
quite frankly...
i dunnoe whether it was me going overboard or otherwise...
but think my principles are getting me into too much shit...
pardon the sh*tting...
i'm not usually that uncouth...
just when i get really frustrated...
i act out of character...
muttered the f word after andrew's gym session before...

but i even offered to pay for it out of my own pocket...
feel that he's another andrew foo...
the chauvinistic traits...
now i see the similarity...
they are both ANDREWS!

i felt responsible for my juniors...
and the fact that they wasted so much time here today...
really made me feel terrible...
dont want them to feel exploited by their very first employer...
it aint good for their minds...
he was still out when i call-ed him about them waiting for the past two hours...
sms-ed him after that...
telling him to pay them from my salary...
he called me back and demanded an explaination and all...
felt i din have to answer to someone i felt i no longer respect...
like i mentioned before...
business is something really horrid...
aint something that i can accept...

before this...
i was kinda starting to treat him as a fren...
was planning to bring him to MY favourite bak kut teh so that he could try...
planning to get him strepsils for that horrid cough of his...
oh well...

i think i started crying out of fear...
am hoping he din hear the tears over the phone...
no way i wanna him to know that he COULD make me cry...
thats why i left before he came back...

maybe i cried coz i saw someone i was starting to 'like' become like dat...
i was starting to get the momentum back into the job...
i was enjoying teaching the kids in my klass...
maybe at that very instant it all started falling apart...

i mean how often does one get the chance to hang up on ur boss...
refuse to answer his calls...
i'm kinda enjoying it man...
aint many chances i can do this...
but i dont care anymore...
who cares if he has alot of connections...
blacklist me for the rest of my life...
at least i stood up for what i believe in...
i dont even care if he's not going to pay me for this week of work...
my conscience is worth more than that...


the xerox machine big problem...
the technician asked my boss to just buy new one la...
if not ah...
even my pay also cannot pay for the repairs....
quite crazy liaoz...
then worksheets for next week i dunnoe how...
anyway it wont be my business anymore...
my second resignation goes in tmr...

called ben k on my way home...
felt bad to have interrupted work...
but at least he did what i needed most...
someone to tell me i did no wrong...
din want to go home...
8 pple at home would fuss all over me seeing my red eyes and all...
din want them to think my boss did me some great injustice or wat...
so i sat at the void deck in the adjacent block & finished up my book...
tuesdays with morrie...
finally!!!

under dim light and wat not...
i think my astigmatism must have got worse after today...
and maybe kena a bit of myopia liaoz...
morrie passed away liaoz...
no...
he moved on...

starting tearing again...
i dunnoe whether it was coz morrie died...
or that issue prior to that...
it was sad...
the author asked...
if there was any one teacher in my life that left a lasting impression...
frankly...
i dont recall anyone that fits into that picture...
maybe my pri sch teachers who got me thru early years of education...
or my sec sch teachers who made me realised that its not just books...
or my JC teachers who believed in my 6 pts...
rather than the constant Fs i was getting in sch tests...
probably my dad...
who i can simply sit down with..
without speaking a single word...
yet walk away feeling like we had the best conversation of all time...
sounds cliche?
but its that feeling...
thats how much i love my dad...
and my mom...

=)

----Stef stopped rambling at 21:38
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003