. be resourceful
 
 
. wasted time
 
 
. sanity check
 
 
. carbon dating
 
 
. frozen time
 
 
7.12.03
day 2 of racing siam cup...
darn...
just lost an entry...
but heck...

felt pretty ok today...
lousy placings once again...
but i think i learnt pretty much...
andrew hammering me with sail rigging...
surfing the waves instead of crashing into them...
think its my first time doing it...
or least...
going so fast on the wave..
that the sail felt so light and easy to pump...
it was easier to bear away as well...
with just a little foot pressure...
starts today still one of the last...
but at least i'm getting on the line...
not acting like some coward hiding behind the comm. boat or something...
andrew made me rig my outhaul on the 3rd hole...
quite siong for me actually...
coz my guys are on the 4th...
and i thot i saw most of the gaoshous on the 4th as well...
which means my sail would technically be fuller than theirs...
not considering the sail elasticity that is...
not that i'm complacent...
or that i think the wind damn light...
fingers cant hold anymore..
but andrew was in a "do-not-try-to-oppose-me" mood...
just had to go along..
surprisingly it was quite manageable...
prb was just that i was having trouble with the outhaul...
quite scary launching from the beach full of sun-tanners and wat not...
but think it wasnt too bad today...

but think i hurt the arch of my left foot today...
totally couldnt support my weight no more...
hurt a shitty lot...
but just had to limp back all the way back to the hotel la...
rest of them went out...
but i requested to stay in...
din fancy limping halfway across town...
when going to town is supposed to be enjoyable...
not painful...
but loony said i was buay onz...
coz i wasnt too keen on going to the nite market on friday...
coz the race was just the next day...
and today when i was thinking of not going...
but seriously...
dun really care wat pple think anymore...
too tired to be bothered...

yesterdae was quite trying...
somehow...
the guys really got on my nerves...
cant tell who first...
me on their nerves...
or them on my nerves...

but i got kinda pissed...
fancy shouting/jeering/cheering while watching miss world in MY room...
and then asking me to shut up while i was laughing at sam's joke...
somehow it was the last straw...
joking or otherwise...
there is a limit to the abuse i can take...
doesnt matter that they dont wait for me along the jog...
nor does it matter that they will willingly lose me while walking along the streets...
i just need them to treat me the way i treat them...
civil...
do onto others wat you want others to do onto you...
i truly swear by that...

trying to fix my foot in time for tmr's race...
better get back to my room with food...
and before they come back and find me missing...
not like it matters to them...
but heck...

did i mention b4???
i love smiley pple...
so it reallys makes my day when the locals smile at me...
...the lady who cleans my room...
...the fruit seller opposite the beach...
...the lady at the reception who helps to keep our keys...
...some of the young thai sailors....
...arun, who amazingly took the initiative to speak to me this morning...
i alwaz thot he was kinda dao...
though in the polite sense...

...the waiter/waitresses at the coffee house we alwaz eat at...
...the lady who does my laundry...
...and some of the locals who often mistake me as one of their own...
and start speaking to me in thai...
before i blabber "no speak thai...english?"

thais are amazingly hospitable pple...
they make my day pretty again...

oh ya...
the sunset here is amazing...
looks like one big orange lantern that disappears into the horizon...
havent got a chance to get it on film...
but i will...

pple in sg...
take care of yourselves...
it'll probably get all rainy soon...
changing weather...
easy to fall sick...
so take care...

----Stef stopped rambling at 19:29
--Link to Post

template and images © elementopia 2003